May 10, 2010

Chi Energy

I have found interesting article which helped me understand my sudden inability to meditate.

Chi is life force it is what gives life to every living component.

The concept of "life force" is found in most of the ancient cultures of the world. In India it is known as prana, in China chi, in Japan ki, for Native Americans, the Great spirit.

Chi Gung is energy work - which has sparked my interest. I will also be looking into Robert Bruce's NEW Energy System.

Although I'm aware that this energy known by different names in different parts of the world, I was not sure that it could be the reason for my inability to meditate.

For some reason I felt like I needed to stay away from meditating - I guess I had a secret fear of something going awry if I made any further attempts. Now I'm certain it's this energy concentrating and continuous practice makes it more hard to sustain. Even without meditating the energy gets extreme. At times I could be simply relaxing or getting ready for sleep and suddenly I would jolt upright. Most of the times and randomly the energy is definitely working around chakra areas. Now I would very much like to learn how to control and use this energy.

No comments: