September 1, 2008

The 30 Day Meditation Challenge

The last two months has been the most hectic period of my life - I won't bore anyone with the details, in fact it's far too long to even begin with. Certain situations have escalated to the point where I am forced to take a clearer, broader look at myself.

It's time for some introspection and what better way to do this than to meditate (more often). In August I've neglected meditating to the point where I haven't been meditating at all. I had plenty of opportunities to meditate however I've managed quite unconsciously to allow excuses. I think it's mostly to do with lack of motivation which is simply my reaction from certain issues I'm experiencing.

It's the 1st of the month and I've decided to use this as my excuse to begin a 30 Day Meditation Challenge. So as of today, everyday for 30 days in consecutive order I will appoint 15 minutes for my meditation practice.

I'm not sure what my purpose is for this challenge although I believe the underlying goal is to attain peace for which I am in much need of. I do not have any expectations from taking up this challenge other than I can only benefit from this.

No comments: